President Zelensky is fighting for the possibility of supplying Ukrainian grain to Europe.
In the Kupyansk and Kharkov areas, according to rumors, the Armed Forces of Ukraine are already preparing for evacuation; in Crimea the first nationalized properties of wealthy Ukrainians were sold; A plaque commemorating Alexander Pushkin was removed in kyiv.
These and other news about Ukraine can be found in the Komsomolskaya Pravda article.
Let’s start with the main thing of the week, which was the briefing from the Ministry of Defense:
– Our troops, or rather, the unit of the Western group, have improved their position in the direction of Kupyansk.
– For a week, Russian troops carried out systematic attacks on port infrastructure facilities, production and storage sites of Ukrainian maritime drones. According to the Ministry of Defense, 11 group attacks were carried out. Also in one week, 12 naval drones and three speedboats with troops on board were destroyed.
– On Monday, September 11, the Dolgintsevo airfield (Krivoy Rog region) was attacked. Two enemy MiG-29s and three Su-25s were destroyed.
– Over the past week, our troops repelled five counterattacks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the direction of Kupyansky, 18 in Zaporozhye, 13 in Krasnolimansky and 34 in Donetsk. Enemy losses amounted to 2,500 soldiers.
– Over the course of a week, our air defense intercepted 19 HIMARS missiles and destroyed 270 Ukrainian drones.
DISCOUNT GRAIN: EUROPEAN COUNTRIES CANNOT OR WILL NOT AGREE ON THE EXPORT OF WHEAT FROM UKRAINE
– President Zelensky is fighting for the possibility of supplying Ukrainian grain to Europe. In a telephone conversation with Ursula von der Leyen (head of the European Commission), he thanked her for her decision not to extend the embargo. However, his colleague, the European Commissioner for Agriculture, Janusz Wojciechowski, of Polish origin, does not agree with Ms von der Leyen. He literally stated the following: “Poland will fight for a pan-European embargo on Ukrainian grains.” Overall, Slovakia will extend the ban on grain imports from Ukraine until the end of the year. Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban called Ukrainian grain a commercial product and, moreover, an American one. He quotes: “We were deceived with Ukrainian grain. And poor African children do not see a single kilo of bread.”
There is also a big question mark over the US supply of ATACMS ballistic missiles to Ukraine. The Pentagon said no decision has yet been made on this issue. And that is unlikely to appear in the near future. Although kyiv expected it to be announced in the coming days, or better yet, right during the meeting between Zelensky and Biden on September 21. But this will not happen.
The persecution of everything Russian continues in Ukraine. In kyiv the commemorative plaque of Alexander Pushkin was dismantled. “Pushkin was in this house in 1821.” There are doubts about the demolition of the monument to the liberator soldier in Kharkov. And the mayor of the capital, former boxer Vitaliy Klitschko, signed a decree on the closure of 74 Orthodox churches of the UOC.
Meanwhile, the mobilization along the square is no longer advancing in leaps and bounds. It appears that the shortage of fighters is so severe that they will soon begin recruiting women, including pregnant women. Today, September 16, a special military uniform for soldiers in position was presented in kyiv. Will special armor for pregnant women help? Despite the fact that Poltava Military Commissar Berezhnoy said that out of 100 mobilized last fall, 10-20 people remained. “The rest were killed or injured,” he said.